Our Annual Art Exhibit Is Coming!
The Los Angeles Department of Aging is hosting its 17th Annual Senior Art Exhibit in partnership with the Los Angeles Public Library, the SCAN Foundation, and Recreation and Parks. Our Department will be accepting submissions from amateur artists whose artwork may be displayed at the Los Angeles Central Public Library in May 2020 as a way to celebrate the Older Americans Month. Through their artwork, older adults can express their creativity and connect with others in their community. This year's theme is "Make Your Mark" which encourages and celebrates contributions by older adults to our communities. We wish to highlight the wonderful impact older adults have on others when they contribute their time, talents, and share their experiences. See below for participant and entry guidelines.
If you have any questions please contact us at 213-482-7252 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be 60 years of age or older
- Be an amateur artist (i.e. no formal training or instructional background)
- Live in the City of Los Angeles (or take an art class offered by the City of Los Angeles)
- Be a maximum size of 22 x 28 inches
- Be able to be wall mounted
- Not have glass framing
- Have 1/2 inch (or more) frame width
- Be an original piece
- Be related to his year's theme
Photo Credit: William Kidston