- Who We Are -
We advocate for the interests and welfare of older adults by administering programs and services focused on the needs of older adults and caregivers in the City of Los Angeles. Our functions cover a wide range of responsibilities that include planning, contract development, fiscal, and monitoring of our programs delivered by our contracted service providers. We provide services in partnership with community-based agencies at our Multipurpose Senior Centers which act as focal points for delivery of services in various communities throughout the City.
- Mission -
To improve the quality of life, independence, health, and dignity of the City's older adult population by managing community based programs that are comprehensive, coordinated, accessible, and to advocate for the needs of older citizens and their caregivers.
- Area Plan Goals -
- Provide services to enhance the quality of life for older adults by promoting health, dignity, and independence
- Provide support and referrals to caregivers
To download a copy of the City of Los Angeles Department of Aging (PSA 25) Four-Year Area Plan on Aging, click on the corresponding link:
- For a copy of the Original Area Plan for Fiscal Year 2020-21, click here.
- For a copy of the Annual Update for Fiscal Year 2021-22, click here.
- For a copy of the Annual Update for Fiscal Year 2022-23, click here.
City of Los Angeles Department of Aging