Multipurpose Senior Centers
MARCH 14, 2020 UPDATE FROM THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT OF AGING ON CHANGES TO SERVICES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
As the situation surrounding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves, the Los Angeles Department of Aging (LADOA) is providing an update on changes to programming, events and facilities. We continue to prioritize the health and safety of our staff, program participants, guests, team members and community. We are working closely with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) and City leaders to ensure our services, sites and the community receive credible information and guidance during this challenging time. Out of an abundance of caution and in accordance with guidance from State and local health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19, LADOA is implementing following changes effective as of March 16, 2020 through April 4, 2020:
- All Multipurpose Senior Centers and congregate dining sites will be closed to the public. All programs and activities at all facilities will be canceled. EXCEPTION: Access to census stations will be permitted, but there shall be no more than 10 people at a time in the facility.
- Older adult participants will be contacted and provided information regarding meal distribution at the dining centers beginning Monday, March 16, 2020. Home delivered meals will continue to be delivered as usual.
- For more information regarding meal services, older adults can contact the centers they participate at directly or reach the Los Angeles Department of Aging at 213-482-7252. The Department of Aging is reachable Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Fridays from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
We know many of you rely on our programs and sites as crucial community resources. Therefore, we appreciate your support and understanding as we adapt to this evolving health emergency and work to keep your safety at our forefront. We will continue to assess daily operations and consult with local health officials, which may require further changes. We encourage you to visit the LA County Public Health Website for information and guidance, available in multiple languages. We also strongly encourage you to take everyday actions to prevent the spread of germs including
- Stay home when sick.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Limit close contact with people who are sick.
- Practice social distancing at a minimum of 6 feet
Sincerely, Laura Trejo, General Manager
Most of our direct services and programs are provided through our Multipurpose Senior Centers (MPCs) located throughout the City of Los Angeles. For additional resources, you can visit our Additional Services Page . To find the MPC that serves your community or have questions regarding our programs and services, you can:
Call Us at 213-482-7252
Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nutrition Program
- Social & Recreational Activities
- Care Management
- In Home Assistance
- Wellness Education & Screening
Find Our Multipurpose Senior Centers and Dining Centers
Congregate Meal Sites Will Close Effective 3/16/20
Check Out Our YouTube Channel
Visit our YouTube Channel to learn about our Department and explore various topics and issues that impact older adults and caregivers in our City. Feel free to subscribe to make sure you get our latest videos!
Watch the latest videos now